Friday, May 12, 2023

a poem

The Way it Took



The trees are falling, away from her,

the seasons changing, I need a sweater,

the wind is calling, away from here,

the time has ripened. To her heart of fur.


The way it happened was to go right on,

and do it just the away it belongs,

to take the gift and just run away,

to do it quick and the right way,


the time is now, I am forgiven,

to her heart, my Miss Saint Given’,

the time on the clock it takes to find her,

is alone at peace on the wall beside me.


Alone on the breeze I don the tree,

the night is falling, Godspeed,

the time it takes a beach to fall

is the time I have on the wall.


The time it took a beach to turn

is the way to a heart that just burns with love,

for her, her ways, her truth, everything about her.

She’s my one and only and I couldn’t live without her.


The way it takes a heart to beat

it comes and circles and beats the heat,

the freezing charm of sandy air,

has quelled my thirst, away from here,


the time it took to take my sadness

in her heart made a heart of gladness,

the time it took on the watch.

The clock, it rocks, it rocks, it’s more than enough


for another way to another day,

the time it took to give your life away,

is the time it took for the pollen to germinate,

a miracle at that, always on the way.





by Ben Bussewitz

No comments:

Post a Comment

a poem

“God’s Way of Love”     From the depths of the ocean, To the Son’s most wild wave, I love her completely, totally, For all shini...